Our home performance & energy upgrades portfolio
“The Bard residence is bungalow style home in the SRJC neighborhood, built in 1949. We performed our detailed Home Performance Energy Assessment (HPEA) and determined this home had underfloor moisture, leaks in the building envelope (making the home drafty), the dryer vent was not connected, rodents had damaged the floor insulation, poor/dirty insulation in the attic, a H2O heater in the laundry room that was back drafting into the living space, and the original 1949 inefficient wall furnace. We were able to solve all of Ms. Bard’s Home Performance Energy Upgrade issues in addition to performing a complete kitchen renovation [...]
The Nolet/Bly residence is a Wild Oak home built in 1981. They wanted to alleviate the draftiness and dampness, and make their home more energy efficient. After detailed analysis we determined the best course of action was to seal the crawl space penetrations, install new floor insulation and moisture barrier, install new windows and a new 96% efficient boiler that runs both their hydronic heating and serves their domestic water usage. John and Linda are now benefiting from increase Comfort and lower utility bills
Amy and Tim had been living in their home, built in the 60′s for about 4 months when they decided it was time to take action on some of the bad news they received on their inspection report. They needed to replace original duct work.install a moisture barrier, deal with drainage issues at the entrance to the crawl space, install insulation under the house, andfix air seal problems in the attic.
Max and Susan were looking to have the temperature of their home cool when it was hot and warm when it was cold outside, in their 1989 custom built home. They were experiencing ventilation issues in their bathrooms and had poor levels of insulation in their attic,leaky ducts and an inefficient heating system. We replaced their conventional furnace and ducts with a Combined Hydronic air handler which derives it’s heating source from the most efficient tank H2o heater on the market. Their heating efficiency improved from 78% to 96% decreasing heating costs and improving occupant comfort.
The homeowners of this beautiful country home also took advantage of the SCEIP financing program. They were able to install a new lifetime “Cool Roof,” tighten-up the leaky ducts, repair poor insulation conditions and install a new 5kW solar array. Their 1st months PG&E bill post Energy Upgrade was 50% lower than the previous month.
The young couple that purchased this 1980 Bennett Valley short sale, started with standing water underneath the house, the original furnace, leaky ducts, tainted low level insulation and single glazed aluminum framed windows. They took advantage of the SCEIP program financing 100% of their improvements, as well as participating in the Energy Upgrade California (EUC) utility rebate program, receiving $4,000.00 in rebates for their Energy Upgrade improvements. Their 1st months PG&E bill post improvements was 51% lower in consumption and 222% less in cost for heating.
These homeowners took advantage of the SCEIP program to install a new “Cool Roof,” an 8 kW solar array, new HVAC system and H2O heater, air sealing, bath fans, insulation enhancement and moisture barrier. The conventional furnace and ducts were replaced with a Combined Hydronic air handler which derives its heating source from the most efficient tank H2O heater on the market. Heating efficiency improved from 78% to 96%. Heating costs were reduced over 50%. This customer is able to keep their thermostat at 70 degrees and not experience a higher utility bill.
This Oakmont condo was built in 1975, had the original natural draft furnace, inside a closet in the home, leaking flue gases into residence. It also had the original Asbestos ducting, common with homes built during that time. The insulation was tainted and of low value. CALCBS was able to remove and replace the furnace with a 96% efficient sealed combustion unit, relocating it into the attic and opening up the inside closet for storage. Also removed and replaced were the Asbestos ducting, installing new R-8 metalized ducts, and adding a new layer of R-50 cellulose insulation.